Are you on the lookout for books about France?
As one of the most wonderful countries in the world, learning about France is always fun.
Whether you intend to go visit or you simply wish to educate yourself, there are many books about France which are worth reading.
Table of Contents
Books about France
Where, though, should you start your journey?
Choosing a book about France
With so many novels and books on France out there, finding your way to choosing the right books about France is a surprising headache.
With all that in mind, we recommend you start your search when looking for a book about France based on the following critera:
- What type of book is it? There are various books out there, of course, but they come in various styles. Educational tomes are just as popular as fictional novels written in French. Work out what kind of book you are looking for to help filter your selection.
- Who is the book for? The book might not be for you, of course. If you are buying books about France for someone who is learning the language then make sure that it can be taught at the skill level they currently hold. This is more useful than buying any old book for them.
- What is the cost? While you should never put a price on knowledge, it is important to make sure you get a good deal. Look to find out what you are trying to learn and then try to set some kind of meaningful and fair price margin to pay for that.
The main thing to think about when it comes to buying books about France is to look at the typical selections above.
However, with so many books to look through, you might still need a little hand in filtering out the unsuitable options. Well, let us help!
Books about France
If you want to go ahead and buy some quality French reading, then we have a selection of books recommended for you below.
Try out these books as soon as you can to find what works for you:
Dear Paris: The Paris Letters Collection
- Filled with French letters
- An ode to Parisian life
- Understand French culture better than ever
To start off with, give yourself a chance to enjoy this combination of letters from Claude Monet. It is a really easy way to grow to life Parisian life, and can be filled with interesting insights and topical detail that bolsters your knowledge of French life.
Paris in Color
- Learn more about Paris
- See Paris in true color
- Great for Paris obsessives
With this book, you can feel as if you are stepping out onto the streets of Paris itself. Loaded with intriguing and meaningful content that gives you everything you need to know about the colorful streets of Paris at their eloquent, elegant best.
French Grammar For Beginners
- Understand French language idiosyncrasies
- Ideal for French language newbies
- 30 useful grammar lessons to cover
If you are just beginning your journey into the French language, then this is a very useful book to pick up. French grammar is infamous for its toughness for newbies, but this breaks it down in a way that is much simpler to grasp than other methods.
Let’s Eat France!
- Understand French cuisine better
- Get some food recommendations
- Value what you are eating
French delicacies can seem odd to outsiders, but this book does a job of breaking down the cultural importance of some of the most famous French dishes. Not for everyone, but definitely a book for those with a passion for culinary culture and for cooking on their own
Short Stories in French for Beginners
- Great for learning French
- Filled with interesting stories
- Build up reading confidence
These short stories, provided to you in French, are a tremendous way to learn this most confusing of languages. Most people can find it pretty easy to get to grips with and can be a tremendous source of learning for anyone looking for a more natural French language lesson.
Paris: The Novel
- Understand life in Paris
- Insights into Parisian culture
- Filled with interesting details
This is the perfect way to learn more about life in Paris as opposed to life in France. Paris is a hard place to get things right for newbies, and this book can help you to avoid some of the most infamous faux pas that newbies to Paris make.
My Life in France
- Understand wider French culture
- Filled with intriguing lessons to learn
- Enriched by little details
This transforming bag is a must-have for anyone eyeing up ethical backpacks that have versatility at their heart. This can easily be adjusted to be fitted to your own style, whether you need a classic backpack or a more sizeable tote. A reliable choice for all shoppers, travelers, and more.
Practice Makes Perfect: Basic French
- Great for French language newbies
- Grasp the language challenges
- Get to grips with interesting, enjoyable practices
This is a book that is littered with interesting little learning sessions that can make sure your French starts to come on leaps and bounds. Very much a popular choice for anyone looking to change-up how they go about learning the French language on their own. An informative, enjoyable book that makes the learning process far more satisfying.
Books About France
As a nation with a rich and varied history, learning about the history and culture of France is always fun.
The language, too, is always worth learning. With that in mind, you might wish to focus on trying to get some books about France that are suitable to your learning desires.
The books above offer education, the learning of languages, lifestyle, and culture within the country. France is known for its history and is a tremendous place to visit, so what do you want to learn about first?
This post contains affiliate links, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase or sign up for a program, we may earn a commission. This is at no additional cost to you.